BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Friday, June 8, 2007

Contest? Contested!

"Robert,

My machine was placed an hour ago. Good LUCK. I placed it on the 1st try. HA HA HA!

Kyle G."

Well I placed two today, So, HA HA HA HA!

Mine didn't go as quickly as yours, and definitely not on the first try but I got them in! There is this tire place that we get our tires at and he said sure! Plus there was another vendors gumball machine in there but he said the guy never came so just put mine in his place and move his somewhere - lol. So, now I'm getting all the business there for sure! Plus it's a great location. A very busy shop and I saw kids in there even while I was there for my brief moment. AWESOME. And talk about the nicest guy. "Sure bring it in, I don't mind at all, the kids like it, I'm usually picking up candy at the end of the day but hey, whatever."

Oh yeah, one guy at a Salon was very mean. He's lucky I didn't make a scene. You don't treat potential customers like that. Hard to walk away there.

THEN THE BIG ONE. I have been going to this rib restaurant for the past week. Talked to several managers, left fliers, etc. TODAY, I walk in, talk to the main guy and he says those 5 beautiful words, "I don't see why not." It's in, right next to the door. Filled all the way up to the top. I was nervous as hell bringing in the machine, scared he would change his mind or something. THE BEST LOCATION I HAVE RIGHT NOW BY FAR.

IT WAS A GREAT DAY.

By the way: Kyle Guth and I had a competition today. I wasn't allowed to come home until I placed one machine, but I placed two! More tomorrow? Or can I take Saturday off?

6/10 MACHINES HAVE HOMES, MORE THAN HALF WAY THERE!

Candyman Can,
Rob

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robert,
Congrats.
I went out to service my machines today and had 2 really kind of funny things happen. I will write about it in my blog in the next few days on the BulkVending Blog. Keeping you in suspense. I know you will laugh when you hear what happened. But all kinds of things happen in this business.

Hey, I also got a machine located today on the first try. At another music store where they give lessons. These can be really good locations. Take Care
Steve
http://www.bulkvending.blogspot.com

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

To bad I did not have anther machine, that I could have placed. You can have Sat. off. I will be getting my new machines in a week or so, and we will do three at a time. Go back out again monday.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

; ) I know that most managers and owners won't be in on Saturday but I still want to do something. Is there anything else I can do to be productive in the candy business besides physically going into locations?

Talk soon.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

No. I usally service my machines an Sat.

You DON'T need to service your machines yet. You can go check the first 2 places you placed. Don't take any money. Don't even open the back door. The people will think you are stealing money. Clean them, and check the mechs. Thats what I do on sat. That is about it. Wait 3 weeks till you take any money!


Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

How about writing thank you cards to the owners? "blah blah blah, thank you for letting us place a machine in your location. you have done a great service to your community. thank you for your continued support with the childrens cancer society." something like that above. Like I have one place, a salon, and the owner is skeptical. her daughter is actually the one who said I could put it in there, but then I met her and I sort of see her maybe saying take it out. Do you think maybe a card like that would help?

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Thats a good idea. I give christmas cards to my loaction owners. For realy long time location onwers, a donut shop gift cards. Thank You cards might be a good thig if you sre involed with a charity. it does not matter if you are doing commission, you are doing a favor for them by giveig them commission, money in there pocket.

Kyle G.

Ryan Livergood said...

Nice job Rob and Kyle! Way to motivate each other! Rob, I admire your work ethic by going out there on a Saturday...effort like that will pay off in the long run!

Steve, looking forward to your next blog entry! While I haven't posted on your blog yet, I want you to know that your blog is fantastic and I absolutely love it!

Rob, you are right, I am 100% American all the way. I am currently serving in the United States Peace Corps...that is why I am living in Bulgaria if you were wondering.

Take care,
Ryan