BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Friday, June 15, 2007

FAILURE! I'M QUITTING

Just kidding ; ) I placed two more machines today. Now before I go into details of my day I want to write in about one quick phone call I made this morning.

My mom knows this lady, and she and her husband own like 15 auto places around town. So my mom called her and told her about my business and she said for me to give her a call. Well I did, but her secretary said she was in a meeting and I left my number, name, and who I was. She hasn't called back. Should I call back tomorrow on a Saturday? Also, that was her work phone. I also have her cell phone number, is it ok to call her on that do you think?

OK TO START: I went to about 22 places today. It may have been a few more. When I get to walking around the damn shopping centers I sometimes forget to write one down. Anyway, here's the break down.

I started off at this plaza with a small movie theatre. We have a much larger new one in town so I don't even know if people see movies there anymore. I started at some ship and mail places, and then some Chinese restaurants, and then I went into this lunch/dinner/bar place. They have candy machines in there. Anyway, I talked to the manager, he said he was in a good mood so why not. He asked what other types of candies were over there and what I would be adding. So I told him I would put candy since all he had were gumballs. So I didn't put gumballs in the center of my machine. I want to go back sometime and put gumballs in there. The other machines looked like crap. I moved them around and put mine in the prime location. (They are all on the way to the bathroom so they get a good amount of traffic.)

So after I got one in there my endorphins were pumping and I was ready to go. So I went to a bunch more places. Finally I went to a new plaza and there is this dry cleaning place. So I went in, a very small lobby, very small, but you could tell they did a good business. Now it is hot in Florida, very hot, it was like 95 today and all they had were fans in there. But I figured the temp was around the 80's in there so I figured I would risk it. A nice black guy was the owner, he said sure why not, bring it in. So I did. I hope the chocolate doesn't melt. Now, I didn't have any luck the rest of the day but I did find this cool restaurant and went in.

The restaurant story: She said the manager wasn't in but she didn't think he would be interested because there was no room up front. You could tell that she wasn't in a great mood and if she was the manager the place would probably be out of business. Anyway, she gave me a card and said call at 5:00 tonight when he would be in. Call? There's no way I'm calling. I'm going back tomorrow to see if he's there. But anyway, I looked around and there really wasn't any room. But, she was busy with people, everyone was busy, and I was up front by myself. So I sort of moved stuff around a bit. Just a little bit. This here, and that there. So now there is definitely room for my machine. In fact I'm going to point out the place to the manager before he has a chance to say there is no room. I hope this works. Sometimes you have to go stealth!

SO THEN: Remember the Pizza place that I had on a 1 week trial run? Well I had been thinking about this guy all week. I remembered that I put it in a bad place in the corner of the restaurant. And people were going to have to walk by tables to get to it. I figured when I went back he was going to say take it out since it bothered people at some of the adjacent tables. BUT, he said no great, loved it, let's keep it. I said great. I said you know, it would probably be better there right by the front door, and you can move the hi-chair that is there now over into the corner. He said and I quote "Great Idea, Do It." And I did. It's in prime real estate now.

After that I saw a restaurant to the right that I had not seen before. I go to the bar and see this very cute (being modest here), young bartender so I go to her and ask for the manager. She says "you're looking at her" (sort of). So I do a little charm and say, wow. I give her my speech. She loves the idea. Says she doesn't see why not. The head guy will be in around 5 today and she will ask him. I left her a flyer and said I'll be back tomorrow. Let's hope on this one. It would be a killer location. I feel like I have been getting a lot of outstanding locations for my machines.

THE CHINESE AND THE PACK AND MAIL PLACES DO NOT LIKE ME. I have been turned down by every one. I need a new way to tackle the Chinese. Any ideas?

I may drive to Miami on Monday to get more machines. I only have 2 left. I am considering getting some gumball only machines but I just don't know.

I want to say one more thing. It's hard for me to get started in the morning going from place to place. It's hard to get into that first place, period. But after about 3 places I get back into the groove and it's easy. I stopped at more places today than I ever have in one day before.

8/10 MACHINES WITH HOMES.

Candyman Can

14 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

The sticky mix is expensive. I would suggest you buy them though, as thay are my best sellers. The locks- Look under 25 cent, 1" cap. Thay say "combnation locks". VERY GOOD SELLER. Sticky Mix and Locks, do very well for me. HOWEVER- Do not buy single heads, or double heads, or any machine, form GMW.

WHY:

Well I got a call, and my coin mechs, both of them, have broken. The machine is not 1 month old, and has been on location 1 time, and that has been for a week. A PEICE OF CRAP. I have biught 1 machine from them. This is the first I ordered machines from them. I was very dis. in them. I am in MI so it will be 5 days before I can go fix them! I have no idea what will await me, when I walk into the hair salon. My new machine came in Wed. and I have not got home to see it yet. My folks got it for me, and thay said it weighed 100 pounds, without candy. HEAVY. Buy good, quality, machines from Northwestrn, I just bought 1 myself!

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Hey Kyle,
I have 10 of the tripple-head machines from GMW right now. I have one setup in my house and I'ved used it and havn't had any problems so far. I mean, I honestly don't see how there could be that big of a problem. What places have good deals on new machines?

Regards,
Rob

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Well damm, you have me nervous now Kyle. What kind of machines did you order? I mean my machines weigh a lot. They are cast iron. I wonder if the coin mechanisms really go bad quickly on all of them? I tested mine, I mean I put it back and forth a 100 times without problem. I don't know.

Rob

Unknown said...

I have tried several different machines. Here is my take. I have a metal triple vend from XYZ vending. It is very heavy empty and even heavier full. After seeing the weight, I swore I would only buy single and double head machines. The XYZ machine did have one coin mechanism come out of the machine, but that was because the screw holding it in came loose. I did not check it to keep it tight. I have ordered the plastic cheap machines from Ashland. I keep them under my watchful eye and they have not had a problem, but I would not buy another. Just not well made. I have a double head from Amerivend Starline with all metal parts. It has held up very well. I also have a double head from Seaga Millenia. They are quality machines also.....no problems. I have bought used Northwestern machines on ebay and they are very nice, and easy to get parts for, but the gumball wheel will not vend 1.1 capsules without getting a capsule wheel.....the round hole is just too small. The seaga and the amerivend starline will vend the capsules. I also have a couple of oak machines. They are quality machines. Do not despair if you make a wrong decision down the line....it is a learning process...you will find what works best for you.
Ken

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I bought a double head machine from them. It is a peice of crap. Sams sells Northwestrns for around 54.99 a head. No more than 56.00. Thay are very good machines. GMW is a seller from China. Thay pay 5.00 for a single head machine. Thay resell it for 50.00. CHEAP coin mechs. Cheaper is not better. Deffently in the Vending Buiness.

Buy a single head, NW machine from sams, and buy a stand from XYZ Vending. 24.00 free ship. Thay come with a free double plate. NW are the way to go. Very cheap, VERY GOOD MACHINES. Thay will last a long time. MADE IN AMERICA. Go to SamsClub.com, and type in Northwestrn in the serch bar. BUY ONE BEFORE BUYING A CHEAP MACHINE FROM THE, GMW!

Kyle G.

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

O yea. The mechs are all the same. CHEAP. Thay just cant stand up to traffic. VERY CHEAP.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I think I have it set in my mind that the tripple heads are the best.

http://www.gumballmachinefactory.com/product/1013.html

Check out that link. I like that machine. It is $100 but I'm not sure what the shipping is. I'm going to call.

Talk soon.

Candyman

Unknown said...

check this out. I have ordered from this company and was happy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRIPLE-Head-GUMBALL-Bulk-CANDY-TRI-VENDING-MACHINE_W0QQitemZ300119471145QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50939QQcmdZViewItem

Unknown said...

sorry link did not work.

try this ebay auction number

300119471145

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yeah, I don't know what is up with the blog, it cuts off http links when you paste them.

Thanks for the link Ken. It seems like a great deal. $115 and I bet if I order 10 they will give me a deal. I wish they had chrome stands but whatever, I doubt that much matters anyway.

You know. I know the machines that I got from Miami are cheaper and made in china BUT.. I ordered 4 new locks yesterday for broken ones I had, and he sent them out same day and they arrived today. I mean, I could just tell him that 10 of my coin mechanisms had broken and ask that he send me some of those lol. Then really what problems could I possibly have? Any ideas on this?

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Look at it this way, A coin mech is the heart of your machine. A bad mech, is a bad machine.

The machines you want to buy are 199.00 with shipping I, cheaked a week ago, before I bought from. EXPENSIVE! Thay are lypc and are the same machines you have now. Same Mceh's mabie a little better, just a diffrent candy flap. Thay look nice and work OK. But just not worth 200 dollars. I love thoes style machines, thay look nice. Buy one, give it a wirl.

O yea, he would not send you 10 mechs. At 50.00 a peice, NO WAY!

Stay away from SAGA. Ken has them, but thay SUCK. We have them around here, thay are very unstable. A 3 year old could knock them over. The machine is held togther with 2 screws per machines. Sorry Ken.


I would stick with: LYPC, NW, and OAK. I like that machine you were talking abot at GMF. IT LOOKS SWEET!

Kyle G.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I don't know. I'm trying to go for the best looking machines I can find. I live in a town where most places arn't going to allow a shabby looking gumball machine sit around. I'm going to check and see what the machines from gumballmachinefactory.com wil be with shipping and a chrome stand. Anyone else find any great tripple-head vending deals?

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Ok, well I checked just from their website and here is the deal. Shipping for 10 machines will be $288. I also added chrome stands which ammounts to $200 for 10 machines. So the total comes to $1484 shipped. We're talking $150 a machine, when I can get the same looking machine for $95. Damn, I don't know.

Rob

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

The last thing I have to say. If you could see how sharp my machines look you would be hesitant to move to a new machine too. The chrome stand with big chrome bottom just looks really sharp. Even other machines with chrome buttoms don't seem to shine like mine. I don't know.

Rob