BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

4/10 Machines with Homes

Ok, so I didn't make 30 locations today. I made 12. And with the 1/12 average of placing a machine I did get one a new home. AND it is a great location. A new pizza place with sit in dining. Let me tell you what happened..

I go in, show him the fliers and give him my speech. He says I don't know, leave me a flier and let me think about it. I say, well you know it doesn't cost you anything and you make 30 cents on every dollar and it helps charity. I said, why don't you let me grab a machine out of my car real quick and show you. We can do it on a one week trial, and if you don't like it you don't have to keep it. I bring in the machine and put it in a great spot in the store. He says Ok, I'll try it out for a week. AND we all know he is going to keep it. I mean do many people make you take them back out? ** He said to me, "Wow, you're really good at this. You don't take no for an answer."** I think that is the greatest thing I have heard all week.

The Chinese place I went today. She already had a machine and man did I ploy with her. Let me bring in a machine. Let me show you how it can fit. Mine have more than just gum balls, etc, etc. But those Chinese are good at saying no to me anyway. I tried, there was nothing more I could do.

So I went to 12 places today, and got in 1. Not a bad day, AND at a pizza joint, good deal.

I also had a meeting with a guy from S.C.O.R.E. It's a national organization that helps business owners for free. He actually just resigned from S.C.O.R.E. but anyway I know him and he offered to help. So I had about a 2 hour meeting with him. He had some good ideas and helped. I'm going to make some business models to show what exactly this business can accomplish. His initial reaction was "you have a business degree, you are educated, quick, and smart, why are you doing candy" but I think I swayed him into my corner. Once he began thinking in all cash and 500 machines I think he liked it.

The Mean Lady:
So I go into this pizza place. A pretty big one and I talked to the owner. Right when I thought she was about to say yes she said do you have your charity information with you? How do I know you're not just stealing the money? I mean it was in an accusatory tone before I had even done anything worthy of accusation. I said I can bring it to her, and asked if I did would she be interested, and she said yes. I don't like her but hey, I need her right now so I'm going to go back. Be sure, I won't frequent that place for any other reason then to take her money though.

LESSON: Be Nice to everyone. Bad word of mouth carries, VERY, VERY, fast. I don't know how many people I have already told today that she was a mean, cold hearted, .... (in case our new friends son is reading.)

Also. I got the number of a guy who owns 16 dry cleaning shops in town from a manager. I really want to make this a good call. Does anyone have a good ploy for this guy?

MY IDEA: Now I don't want everyone stealing this right away before I try it but let me tell you.. I have a few locations that I think are PRIME. I mean, I love them, but the owners have given me responses like, we don't have enough room, etc. So here is my idea.

Paint my machine to match their restaurant and restaurant theme. Maybe even with their name on the machine. First I would make it in Photoshop and show it to them. Once they O.K. it I would have it painted. Yes, I think this idea is a keeper! LET ME TRY IT FIRST. : ) Even if a machine cost $50 to get painted.. In a prime location this would definitely be worth it.

LAST THING: My dad is a retired doctor and I had him call a pediatrics place today. So I went in after he called with my flier saying "Dr. so and so called, I'm Robert." Well I think that may really work. I don't know what the answer will be but I'm going back tomorrow to find out.

4/10 machines with homes. Not bad. Read the last post and the comments. The guy with the kid is really inspirational. Plus Mr. Guth keeps on sending in great comments.

Candyman Can,
Rob

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob,
Sorry it took me awhile to get back with you. To answer your question about locators. If you look on http://www.bulkvending.blogspot.com under our links, you will see a link that says affirmative locating. I used them to locate 10 machines and they did well. They charged me $30 for a double head. If they got it in a restaurant they charged $40. You can send them a list of names of actual locations to call on. They will send you an email promtly. They have girls locate over the phone. I think you are doing fantastic though at doing it yourself. What happened to the girl that was going to help you locate? Keep up the good work and your blog updates are really great. If you need help you can call affirmative and they will located them for you. Sometimes this is nice and can help you get more machines out there quicker. Just make sure you give them a specific list with addresses and phone numbers so you get the good locations. If you just give them a zip you might not get good locations. They are fair. They will want a minimum deposit of $200 and will send you emails deducting from this as they place machines for you. This will locate about 6 machines at $30 per. It might be a little more for a triple you will have to verify. I also recommend my link for the great vending locations course by Ronnie Talent. Keep up the good work.

Steve

Robert N. Patterson II said...

Thanks Steve. You know one thing the SCORE guy told me was I should probably use a locater since my total cost would still be relatively low per machine even located. Here is one thing I'm sort of worried about, and it may be nothing. I don't want a locater ruining my chances with a good company that I could get by going in the place by myself. Anyway, thanks for the tips. I will make sure affirmative locating knows you sent me.

The girl that I was speaking of doesn't actually quit work until next Wednesday. I was a bit confused, she quit but you know I guess they wanted her to finish out her 2 weeks or whatever.

If anyone doesn't know, Katie is my friend and thinks locating over the phone will be super easy for her. She just quit her non-profit job which was basically asking people for money over the phone.

So once she is done with that I'm going to get her going. My SCORE guy re-affirmed that this was really a low risk business. Even with a $5 a month return per machine they will be paid off in under 2 years. And that is at the bare minimum. So, I'd say I may be going into credit card debt for more machines, I mean why not, you only live once. ; )

I want to thank all of you for your great comments and suggestions. You have no idea how much it has helped me. Maybe one day I'll be able to start my own vending manufacturing company / locating company to help others out. Talk soon.

Regards,
Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Robert,

I would suggest that you DO NOT USE A LOCATOR. Thay are Scam Artists. Do not use them. Im sorry Steve. THAY SUCK. I would suggest you do it yourself. ALL vendors will tell you this info. Just ask. Im going locating tomarrow. Rob, I will make you a deal. You keep going till you place one, and I will keep going till I place one. DEAL?

Kyle G.

I emailed YOU!

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Deal, I'll place one tomorrow if you will place one. I won't come home till one is placed.

You ever try calling locations Kyle? It sure would be a lot easier than just driving around. I think tomorrow I might make a map of where I'm going before I go.

Steve, what is your return on machines that you have had placed by a locator?

And why do you say they are a scam Kyle? Because they charge so much? I'm not thinking about using them for all my locations. But I would like to grow faster than I am right now, so. Anyway, let me know why you think they are scam artists.

rOB

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Thay take your money, and sadley, Dont get you a quality location. Most of the time thay can't get the locations you want, and get crappy locations insted. Thay dont know what the place looks like, and does not know where it's located. So thay could get you a location out in the Boonies, thay just dont know. Thats the problem. Do not use them I am warning you! Stay away from them. Plus you could loose them in a week, then thats 60 dollars out the drain.

Now, calling is not a good idea. You will get to felling down fast. Thay hang up, in your face. You colud call for an hour, and them all be hang ups. REASON: When you introduce your self, thay think you want to sell then someting. You can get a lot farther along, gust by driving along.

Kyle G.

Ryan Livergood said...

Hi Rob,

I love the daily updates! I am a loyal reader of your blog now...I bet when you started it you didn't think you would get any regular readers that are living in Bulgaria, eh? Congrats on getting a fourth machine placed! Keep getting out there and working hard and you will get the other six placed as well...remember, this is the hardest part! Don't get discouraged!

Obviously I am a complete outsider to this business so I have no concrete advice to contribute. However, here is my opinion, but take it with a grain of salt because I am the first to admit I have no idea what I am talking about! With regards to using locators, you are hearing from two knowledgeable guys with a lot of experience and they have differing opinions, so it sounds like ultimately you will have to make this call on your own. As Steve mentioned, they have girls locate over the phone...maybe you could just have your non-profit friend do this for free for you in a few weeks? (Hey, maybe she will be really good and can start her own locator business!) Just a thought. I guess I lean towards Kyle's opinion about not using locators, but I know you are frustrated right now (understandably so) and Steve has had success with this, so I wouldn't blame you for giving locators a shot.

Just my two cents, an opinion from a guy that knows nothing about vending but is eager to learn!

Ryan

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Well you may be in Bulgaria but from your impeccable English I'm quite sure you are very much American. Ok, well Kyle insists to me that locators are a scam and has told me that he can place 7 machines a day. 7 A DAY. And if he can do 7, I'm going to get to the point where I can do 7.

7 a day on a 5 day work week is 35 a week. That is growing pretty fast. So I think I will hit the road again. Kyle and I have a bet to place 1 machine today. I WILL NOT COME BACK HOME UNTIL ONE HAS A HOME. So there may not be any blog updates for a while, haha.

Ryan: You're 100% right. I didn't think anyone would be reading this besides my friends, but I'm really glad people are. Even your advice from a non-vendor helps. All perspectives help. Kyle Guth really keeps me going and doesn't let me live down being easy on myself.

About Katie: Well if she is as good as she claims over the phone, and I assume she is because I have voluntered with her before then I may have a new business locating as well. But let me worry about placing my machines first.

I'm about out the door. I can't come home until 1 machine has a home. And I've been out all day before with out locating a machine so, god speed.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Robert,

My machine was placedd an hour ago. Good LUCK. I placed it on the 1st try. HA HA HA!

Kyle G.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, I just want to clarify. I do agree with Kyle on locators. I do think it is best to locate yourself if at all possible. I was just suggesting Affirmative because I actually used them and paid them and they weren't bad for $30 a machine. I got 6 good locations around $15-20 per month. 3 that did not peform well and had to be relocated and one that pulled out after a week and I had to relocate. The only thing I did like about this locating service is they preferred you send them a list of your own so they would call on locations you wanted. I also just had a girl post on the bulk vending blog to my posting on what is your top 3 locations. She says $30 per location. Read her post. But the bottom line is I agree with Kyle. If you can locate yourself, it saves you money and you are on site and can get a better idea of the actual location to get a feel if it will do well. If it doesn't it hasn't cost you a dime and you can just pull it and relocate it somewhere else. It really hurts if you pay $30-40 for a locator and your machine gets pulled out after a week. After about 5 days they will not help you find another location either. They are strict about that. Even when they send you the email with the location they expect you to locate that machine at the spot within 3 days. Robert you are doing so well locating I do not think you need a locator service and you are able to do it full time.

Steve

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Thanks for the information Steve. One of these days I will dare to ask how many machines you have, don't tell me now. I want to wait until I feel that I have a rivaling number.

Honestly from a financial perspective locators seem like a good deal to me. Based on return on investment anyway. But the jew in me says locate yourself. Plus it gives me something to do. It's a toss up. I know locating will help in the long run with all my ventures. You need to learn how to sell yourself sometime.

Rob