BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

1st day of scouting

Ok! So I went to 4 places today, and I got a machine in! Oh yes, I did get a machine into a restaurant. It may not be a super busy restaurant but it is in and it is looking good!

So, lesson #1. Don't fill your machines before you bring them into locations because they weigh a lot. My candy machines weigh easily 80 pounds when filled with candy. Anyway, they are not easy tot around.

First I visited a salon but the owner wasn't there so I had to go back. When I went back he said no and complained about previous machines spilling candy out onto the floor and the candy melting, etc. I attempted to thwart his negativity for a minute but I could tell it was a fruitless effort.

Next I went to the local restaurant in our neighborhood (several thousand homes) and a guy named Nino said sure, why not? So I went out to my car, got the machine and brought it right in. Later on I will tell you my "pickup" line for getting the candy machines into their new homes.

After that I went to a nail salon and asked for the manager. She was sort of mean and said no. I know I'm trying to solicit her business but still, she could be nice about it. After all, everyone is a potential customer, so she should have been nicer. She didn't say anything mean but you could tell her negativity in the tone of her voice. Unlike the hair salon guy who shook my hand and said, thank you.

I was still running on the rush of placing my first machine in a restaurant! So I drove out and found a vets office. I went in and talked to the lady at the front desk. She liked the idea but the owners weren't there. So I left her my handout and I'm going to go back there on Monday.

I need to start writing down all this information because eventually I'm sure I am going to forget where my machines are and who I have visited. Now, let me tell you my strategy for placing the machines.

First off, I have triple headed machines and the first, very first thing everyone asks is "how big are they?" I usually guesstimate the size with my hands and make it a bit smaller than the actual size.

I go in and say "Hello would you like to help children with cancer?" Obviously the answer is yes, and I try and cultivate that yes into a yes for my machine. I say "Would you mind if I put in a small candy machine for the children?" While I am saying all this they have the flier in their hands; the flier that I have a picture of up above. I made it and I am proud of it. The machine at the bottom is my actual machine!

This weekend I'm going to build the rest of my machines. I have 7 to put together, clean out, and adjust the candy dispense settings on. This is exciting! My friends still laugh, tell me this is idiotic, and say "you have a business degree, why are you buying candy machines?" I AM A BUSINESSMAN. I know what I'm doing, I am smart.

One last point I want to hit on. Print more than one flier to show people. The lady at the vets office wanted to keep the flier and I only had one with me. I gave it to her but that ended my day trying to find vending locations.

Toss me a quarter,
Candyman Can

No comments: