BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Friday, June 29, 2007

17/21 MACHINES IN LOCATION

Ok, so I got two new locations today. I was in a great mood today and I knew I couldn't come back without placing some machines. So I did.

First, I got into this computer store. The guy gripped my hand like a gorilla and I held on for dear life. I can tell you, again, that is why he gave me the account. Be very aggressive in your hand shake, it will often get you the account.

Then, as I was driving around in circles trying not to overlap I saw this little lunch place. I stopped in and they had plenty of room. Plus I could tell it's a killer location and there's no better place to put a machine than a fast paced lunch joint. The manager let me do it. We are doing it on a 1 month trial. I'm pretty sure it will stay on location. It's an amazing location. I'm excited for it.

I call all the numbers on vending machines that I run across in my area. I'm sure one of these days someone will want to give me a great deal when they sell their route.

I found a bank in town that counts quarters and I opened an account there today with my $47 bag of quarters. They let me in even though there was a $100 minimum. I explained my situation to the lady and why I picked that bank. It is a local bank with only 1 branch, it's a huge bank though. I asked for the branch manager after I signed up for my account but she was on lunch. I'm going to go back there on Monday and have the lady that helped me open my account introduce me to her. Hopefully I'll be able to get a machine in the lobby!

I've got friends calling me now when they see a good location for one of my machines, how awesome is that?!

Candyman

6 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Sound like a winner. I am going servicing machines tonight. I will report my Income at the PD to you. You have to get a break room location. My uncle said thay all stopped using the BIG, electronic, machine. But..thay all switched to my, little, XYZ Machine! How good is that?

ALL, I will post later on my blog.

Kyle G.

Unknown said...

Robert,
I was just wondering how you plan on going about getting the commission to the shop owners......Will you go outside to your vehicle and count the quarters and give him quarters....or will you pay him later......what is the norm on this

Ken

Guth Vending Company said...

Ken,

I count quarters in front of them. This insures that you are not cheating them.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Hey Ken,
I just look like an honest guy so I probably will take the quarters and bring them cash at a later date. Quarters don't look like much but handing them a $20 bill may mean more. I only have 2 people out of 17 accepting commission. And when I go into them I'm going to say "I can't remember if you wanted your commission in cash or if you prefered to donate it ..."

I figure most will say just donate it. That just makes everything easier. Commission to me is just a door opener.

I know Kyle likes to give out commission and he has been doing this much longer than I have but I don't see commission as a big seller. In my mind Kyle has probably decided that commission is a big deal. Hence, he ends up paying a lot of people commission because he thinks that is what they want. Him making commission a big deal makes his customers make commission a big deal and it's a viscious circle.

From most of the big vendors that I have read about many of them say they have never cut a commission check even though they offered it. Most say people are just happy to help out the charity.

Whatever, go with what works. Offer commission Ken, but also offer a charity. If one doesn't sell them maybe the other will.

I want to see that receipt for 10 new machines Ken!

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

NEW POST ON MY BLOG.

Kyle G.

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Well...I'm off to Panama City FL. for a week vacation. I will have my labtop down there, but it will be 7:00 or 8:00 before we get there so Talk to you all later tonight.

Kyle G.