BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

End of the Day Update

Well I placed two machines today! And I have a feeling that one of my main problems is that I'm wasting my time on too many corporate owned stores/franchises.

Here's the down low:

13. Encore Restaurant - Check Back in 1 week
14. Vet - Call in 1 week
15. Il Primo Pizza - I really tried to get in but the owner said no.
16. Sam Sneads Restaurant - Call back in a week.
17. Tanning place - Yes! They already had a gumball machine but I agreed to take the gumballs out of mine. Anyway I need to find something to put in place of gumballs.
18. Learning Toy Store - No, and she was mean.
19. Salon - Go back for manager tomorrow. She liked the idea.
20. China place - Second time there, again no, even with commission.
21. Hair and Nail Salon - Yes! Great location, sits in the waiting room. Need to bring more reeces to that location because I ran out. (I'm using this blog sort of as my notes for the day too :p )
22. Sweet Treats - No, guy was mean. I think he's losing a lot of money and with that attitude he will continue to lose.
23. Cotton Tails Clothing - No, doesn't want kids touching candy and then clothes.
24. Pinch a Penny - Pat's the manager, George and Trish are the owners. Go back on Wed.
25. Hair Design by Sam Sneads - So I'm going back in Thursday when he is there. His name is Kyle.
26. Salon by IceCream shop and Pine Ridge - Check Wednesday - Get this, she said the manager was saying he wanted a damn candy machine the other day!
27. Oil Lube by Home Depot - Check back in a week.

Ok, so I didn't make all 30, but I made 27 and got 2 machines in. I guess that is about average. Plus you have to figure that I wasted a good bit of time in corporate owned places. I'm really excited about this Fat Burger place and this Rib place. Both seem like outstanding opportunities to me. So let's hope.

Also. It seems like maybe just buying gumball machines is better? Since you have only one product with extremely high margins. Plus they don't take up much space and they cost about half the price of my current machines.. Any ideas on this?

Candyman
3/10 MACHINES HAVE HOMES!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I love your blog with daily updates. Very interesting, Keep up the postings and your progress!

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Thanks a lot. No need to stay anonymous but if you want to that is fine ; )

Are there other places where venders get together on the web?

Guth Vending Company said...

Yes yahoo groups. Look up Vending.
I am a member of 5. The main one Bulk Vending Anonymous. The best group in my oppion.

Guth Vending Company said...

Dont go to BVA. It is for people with more experience. Thay will make fun of you. Thay are tough people to deal with. Thay made fun of me me I first started. To the point I quit posting. Thay wont anwser your questions. Try these:
people will be there to anwser your questions.

BulkCandyVending
bulkvendingbeginners

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I'm a pretty hardcore vendor, may have to jump right into the BVA ^ ^

Guth Vending Company said...

Ok so you are. Go ahead and jump on. My screen name is guth vending company. If you can deal with these people than you will make it on this board. Good Luck.

Ryan Livergood said...

Loving the blog. I too am thinking about getting started in the candy vending business when I get back to the States (I live overseas now) and reading about your experiences firsthand is very interesting and informative! Keep up the great blog!

Guth Vending Company said...

Ryan,

Go right ahead. Its a fun buiness. Im a vendor too. I would recomend you to get 1 machine of your choice to start. Good Luck.

Kyle G

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yeah, you may want to start with just 1. 10 is kind of overwhelming to start with in retrospect. keep reading, I hope my endeavors help you out.

rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

E-mail me back! I gave you some info last E-mail.

Kyle G.

Ryan Livergood said...

Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah, I think I will just start with one machine and go from there. Looking forward to getting started when I get back!

Ryan

Robert N. Patterson II said...

I lied, start with 10. It forces you to get rid of them. With 1 you really have no pressure ; )

Good luck

Guth Vending Company said...

And thats the point Rob. Not to have preasure! If you have money in 10 and dont like it, you are screwed

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yeah, but no one likes getting shot down in the beginning. Sometimes you learn to like things, I have.

Regards,
Rob