BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

15/22 MACHINES IN LOCATION

So it was a slow day today. I had $20 to give to this guy Mike at his auto shop but for the life of me I couldn't find it. I drove and drove and drove. You see this is what happens when you don't mark down your locations! Anyway, I'm going to see if I can find him in the phone book or something and find out exactly where it is! I want to get my machine in there! Here is what I had planned:

"Hey Mike, I was in here the other day about the candy machine. I found $20 in quarters in that machine yesterday and I wanted to give it back to you. (Handing the $20 bill over) I don't know who was using it but it sure was being used. What do you say about putting one in here now? You would be surprised at how many customers enjoy using them, and employees too." - hopefully that will get me one more location, I'll keep you apprised.

I did find this other body shop. Euro/sports car body shop. I went in and his daughter (about 4) was on the couch watching tv and eating. I walked back and talked to him and the mechanic that was with him. He asked if he could pick the candy and I said yes, but I told him the default was M&M Peanut / Gumball / Reeses. Well the mechanic was excited on the M&M Peanuts and basically sold it for me. So now I have a machine in there. Plus I went in and gave him like 10 gumballs in the box for his daughter. It's a good location I'm sure. YES KYLE, I turned up the M&M Peanut thing. They are getting like 7 nuts now. That's it. No more! I actually told the guy "Let me know if it's not liberal enough with the candy and I'll fix it up." So, I think I'm set!

ON THE HOME FRONT: My mom is a business woman around town. We started www.icanweightloss.com about 5 years ago so she knows a lot of people. So anyway, I contacted the wife of this guy who owns 7 tire/auto places in town and she called me back! She said she wants to see the machines. My mom let her know I was going to call and told her about the business. Let's hope! These places are top notch auto places. I'd say the bring in 1 mil per store. I WANT IN!

who can?

The candyman can!

I'll update later I get the other 3 heads of the machines open that I found. Thanks for the locks Kyle. Steve you still reading the blog?

17 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I agree. TRASH MAN..to them. 15 out of 22, thats not to bad. Only 7 more than back to the GMW for more. Lets pray you get thoes auto shops. Offer high commission. Say 35%. Give Refrencees-(SP?). 15 refrances-(SP?), and I think you would have the locations.

I have a bank location, brand new, and I am going there this week. 5 entrances, so 5 machines. If I get that location, I am going to buy them from you, or the GMW. Thay will have to be black with crome stand, as classy, and fitting to a bank as possibale.

I am useing my NEW charity there. WHY: I thing a bank has SO MUCH MONEY, a mealsey 30% or 35% would not matter to them. But CHILDREN WILL.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yup, and I checked out my local requirements for candy machines! I emailed the county clerk and got bounced around a few times but I got an answer.

A single $27.58 license fee per year + $3.42 per machine per year. This is because the liscense is only good until Sept 1st of this year. So these are actually half prices. For one full year:

The annual fees are $55.13 and $6.83 per machine.

I guess that isn't too bad after all! And now I know. Guess what else I know. If I get this license I'm going to be reporting people who don't have up to date ones. What do you think? Fine them out of business? I'm relentless.

Rob

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I need to think of something to tell the owners of locations that have machines with invalid/void/or no license at all. How about:

"I just wanted to let you know that you have a couple machines in here that are not licensed with the city. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but if a city official happens to see one of them you could actually be fined up to $1000 for each invlaid machine."

Hell, I think that will scare them into taking out those other machines and putting mine in! What do you guys think? Is this too mean?

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Do not come fine me out of business. So the local Charity thing I was talking about is illegal. I can not give to the kids because I am not a REGISTERED charity. Who stupid is that? The courthouse told me I had to registered as a charity, witch costs over 1,000 dollars. The crazy thing is, I can support the D.A.R.E program, fire hall, etc. without getting fined.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Well that's no good. I know they have a lot of restrictions. I wouldn't worry about it. I like the KIDS idea. You can register a non-profit for $100. But you won't get 501(c)3 status. But that doesn't really matter, you will just have to pay tax on the money that you give to your own charity haha.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Thanks for that info. What does
501(c)3 mean? Just curious. I am not my own charity, the social services is my charity!

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Well 1 machine I could sneak past the post office, but I'm not sure about 4 since they are fairly big. I checked regular postage for 2-3 day priority and they want $41 per machine. So $95 + $41 = $136. On there site they want $159 shipped.

So that is $23 a machine you would still save if I shipped them. It's up to you. When I go there next time I could bring pre printed shipping lables pick up your 4 machines and drop them off at a local post office and then pickup my machines.

I have a feeling $95 is the lowest they have ever sold that triple-vend for, but why don't you try and talk them down to $90 if you pick them up yourself! Then we have an even better deal.

Rob

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

501(c)3 just means you are tax exempt. Really here is what you could do.

Start your own non-profit for $100. There are a lot of websites you can do it at. It's cheap, you do it online and they do all the paperwork for you. You could call it K.I.D.S. or whatever you wanted. Then what you would do is write yourself a check every month to your KIDS corporation. You would open a bank account with the TAX ID code you would get after making the corporation.

Then when you were ready to donate to the social services you would just write them a check out of that account. It would be 100% free of income tax. Problem solved. You would have to spend $100 on making the corporation but hey, why not! You then own your own non-profit.

Rob

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

You should call GMW before they close and see if you can get them for $90 each. That would be very interesting if you could. I would be excited.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I have to go to the store check back in a hour. Go do thoes locks in the mean time.

Kyle G.

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I'm back from the store. Did you undo those locks? I hope you did.

Kyle G.

Anonymous said...

Rob, great job on getting more locations. I have been trying to look in on your Blog periodically. I haven't had allot of time lately to do much blogging but really enjoy what you have done with your blog. It is really interesting. I actually think some of the posts are really funny and gives me a good laugh when reading them. You make me feel like I am with you locating in your descriptions. This will be really helpful to people that come over and read it based on your actual day to day experience. Talk to you later, Steve

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Where are you?

kyle G.

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I missed your last comment on the prices at GMW. I will E-Mail them soon and ask, and then follow up with a call. I will ask about 14 machines. Lets hope, that thay will do 90$, but over the phone, I dought it. We will see in a few days..if I get that spot. I will not ask them till I know for sure.

Give me a week, I will get myself together to go see a BANK, and wonder up there.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Let me know. I can do 11 machines to make it an even 15 if that helps. I havn't got the machine open yet. Get this.

One guy that had a machine in location that I replaced. He called me and asked for the quarters in the old machine. I havn't been able to get that one open yet so I was thinking of bringing it back to him tomorrow closed. Maybe he will open it for me and he can just have the quarters. No worries. I'm happy to have the location.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Hold on, was it the man that onwed the machine, or the man that owned the location. Eather way, OPEN the machine, because if you take it back closed, you will probley not get it back.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yeah, you were right Kyle. He said he wanted to check and see if he could find out who the owner was before he gave it to me. So now I'm down to 21 machines. Oh well. You live, you learn. Maybe I'll get it back next month or he'll call me and tell me I can have it back.

Rob

stop at the bank?