BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

a day of days 41/42

The day starts off pissed. Pissed at my locator. Who, is a great guy, but, he just gets a little snappy sometimes. Bygones. I called in frustration and worked things out. Communication is key. At least you can talk to this guy and he is willing to compromise. Something most people will not do. He gave me a barber shop today. Not Bad, so that is Location # 1 of the day.

Then, I see this auto place called Cookies and I stop in. He, like many other businesses in town is suffering from the Summer heat and migration of people to the north. The $20 Carrabba's gift certificate swayed him. BUT A PROBLEM! There were ants. He knows he has ants. I saw some ants.. What to do...

I WENT TO A 7ELEVEN. Thank heaven for 7 Eleven! Picked up a nice thing of Petroleum Jelly and basted that sucker with it. No ants are crawling up that thing. The day was a touch better now, but it was going to get worse. I drive ALL the way out to ALBERTSONS. A 20 minute ride and the manager wasn't in. How aggravating. This location is supposed to be secured and I've been there like 5 times. Tomorrow..

After that I went to Home Depot because I had a location with a stuck quarter. Well, as I found out in Home Depot, quarters are not magnetic. That idea didn't work. So, I had an idea to get the quarter out and went to the location. GUESS WHAT, the quarter wasn't stuck. Maintenance had gotten it out. The lady said a few quarters had been stolen. No problem, I gave her two.

THIS LOCATION MADE ME EXCITED. Yes, this machine had been on location for about 4 days. And yes, there was about $5 worth of quarters in there. There are 3, 250LB women working there. Can you imagine! I AM GOING TO MAKE A KILLING! I put in more M&M Peanuts, flirted with them a bit and went on my way. They really like me.

I stopped at a few places to ask after that but no managers were in. No problem, I was in a good mood. This location is going to make great money and it has my hopes up for all Apartment locations!

BOOOM BOOM BOOOM
I hit a pizza joint that I have a machine in. I replaced his machine last Tuesday because it wasn't giving out enough M&M Peanuts. I just wanted to check on it and see how it was doing with the Runts I put in.. Not bad, not bad.

Do you remember the Chinese place next to the pizza place that said I could put in a machine once the other guy took his out? Well, I GOT IMPATIENT. Yes, I went in armed with my $20 Carrabba's gift card. This guy is really nice, a really nice guy, remembers my name. A young guy too. He says: "Oh Robert, This is too good to pass up. I get 30% commission too?" I of course said Yes because this was the deal I had made with him. HE IS A BUSINESS MAN.

So, he put an "Out of Order" sign on the other machine and I brought mine in! Unlike the other machine that was back in the hallway, mine is right next to the door! I told him, it's up to you but it will make a lot more money by the door! He said, YES! It's a killer location. The guy likes me and I know it's going to do well. What else does life have to offer? Really..

I've decided to sell my 3 new triple-head machines. I want $95 plus whatever shipping costs to you. This is cheaper than you can buy on eBay or anywhere else. These are black with beautiful chrome stands. Let me know if you want one!

What a day. And, it's only 1:30PM. That's what I love about the vending business.

Rob

6 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

GREAT DAY Man! Maybe since you were flirting with the 250lb woman, that can be that girlfriend you are looking for! ha ha. I will have to think about buying your machines. Yesterday, when I said that, I forgot I will have to pay for a rack when I find A place for one.($2,000). I am going to hit a gas station this week. I know the owner, and I am going to offer him a double, with 1" caps. Probably thoes cool splatterz from GMW, and the Flippen Tops, from GMW. I think this is a good place. His wife owns a Truck Stop, so maybe if I get one in his place, I put a rack in her truck stop!

Kyle Guth

Caserri Vending said...

I DONT SEE THEM LISTED AT VENDISCUSS! HA HA! Throw those bad boys up on ebay and post your link on my forum. Hell post them on my swap and shop section anyway. Where's the love????

Guth Vending Company said...

ROB: WHERE ARE YOU?

Robert N. Patterson II said...

Sorry, Been out and about haha.
$2000 for a rack? Damn, I priced one out last time at GMW and the price was much lower. I can't remember to be honest but I want to say around $600 for an 8 machine rack. Of course I wouldn't have to pay for shipping.

If I go to GMW tomorrow I may bring back my 3 triple-chrome machines.

Caserri quit plugging your site!! j/k haha.

I'm having a huge tossup on what kind of machines to buy next. Used triples or new doubles. The triples are just so cheap.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Yes you still have to fill it withlike $300 worth of toys!

I got a $1,000 price quote FILLED from XYZ vending. That would be a 9 machine rack. 25" high 2" toy cap, and a normal machine like our double heads we have.

Get some NEW doubles. I like them much better. After all, you cant get warrenties, because YOU did not buy the used machines. So you pay to fix. Hereis what YOU said about used machines in your first post: " I checked on eBay, froogle, google, and the rest of the web for the best deal on candy machines. Sure you can buy them used on eBay, and hey, that may be a good idea once you get into the candy business but here is the reason I bought them new.

1st. I didn't want to start off my candy machine business bringing in shabby looking machines.

2nd. The more confidence you have about your machines the easier they are to sell."

New or Used? New for me!

Kyle Guth
Guth Vending - Sparta TN.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I really think that such sites like yours are very important for self-development for everybody. Thank you for yours work.