BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BACK UP AND RUNNING 34/46

Well, boy do I have a story to tell. First off I would like to say the site is back up and I can post without a problem!

I'm also in the midsts of working on a new site to sell a product for vending. It's cool, sort of unique in its own right. I think it will be popular and it sure will help new people starting in vending. Even oldies may give it a try since it's such a great deal. It was going to go up today but I got in an argument with the guy designing the site so I may just do it myself. It will be up soon at any rate.

About the forum: To be honest I've been wanting to start a forum for a long time. Caserri emailed me about 10 days back and told me he was starting his own. I told him then that I was actually considering starting my own and now I'm ready to start it. It will be up soon, most likely within a few days. It will have a few different things. Anyway, I know you guys like to comment on here but I think it would be nice if you could make your own topics as well.

Next on the agenda: I stopped and got Carrabba's gift certificates this morning. They come in $10 denominations so I got $60 worth and put $20 in each holder. This way I could give out $20 as a promotion for letting me put my candy machine in the location.

Next, I went to an Albertson's that I had already been to once and he told me no. My locator found this one for me. Anyway, my locator called this morning and said that they talked to the manager again and he said no one ever stopped in to drop the machine off.. Obviously I had been there before, I don't know what's going on. I went again today but I the manager was on his way out the door so I have to go back on Friday.

Next to Albertson's was a China King.
ARMED WITH GIFT CERTIFICATE IN HAND, I WENT IN:
Man, did this guys eyes light up. My friend was with me and he said that Chinese people probably only eat in their Chinese restaurants but I don't think that is the case. He got excited and let me put the machine in. That was my first stop of the day, and I got a yes. He got a $20 gift certificate and we are all happy. Who's excited?

I went to a few more places and got great feedback. One guy said "Wow, that is tempting but I can't." Next, I went to an auto garage. Yeah, $20 Carrabba's dinner to that mechanic and he said "BRINGER ON IN" and I did. I went to 5 places and got 2 in. Talk about moving up in the world!

I checked on one machine in a rib shack and it had $13 in it. It has been there for 20 days. It's new and hopefully it will pickup. I have one in the same rib shack here on this side of town and it made $30 in the first month. I was near so I figured I would check.

Gift certificates are the way to go! I wanted to do $15 gift certificates but they only come in $10 $25 and $50 denominations. I stopped by later and got $60 more in gift certificates. Back on the road tomorrow! So yes, Guth, I can place my own machines. Thanks for the outstanding idea Josh. I think everyone needs to do this.

Rob
Candyman CAN

16 comments:

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I was thinking about a Wal-Mart gift certificate as well but Carrabba's is so good. Everyone loves it and it's just appealing. Wal-Mart is much less exciting.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

What do you say when you go with them? Like, "here is a $20 gift certificate if you let us put a machine in?"

What do you say?

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I work with BASE Camp Children's cancer foundation that supports children with cancer by having monthly day camps. We are currently offering a promotional $20 Carrabba's gift certificate if you allow us to put a machine in your location.

Something like that. What do you think?

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

We have a place called Cheddars restaurant. Everybody alive likes that place. I will get some of there gift card things and give it a go! I love the idea, and your script.

Ho does it feel to place our own machines again?

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I'll admit it feels good to be placing my own machines. And, even giving $20 to each location, I don't mind doing it on my own.

It is much faster to give out the gift certificates. I would rather hand pick my locations and give them $20 then pay my locator more for random locations! However, I do still think there is a need for locators, haha.

My locator said he would have 2 locations for me tomorrow.

OH, and get this. I went into this other Chinese place today and had lunch. Well I told her about the gift certificate and she got so excited. She has to talk to her uncle though. Last time I was in there the same girl told me No flat out, haha. I think I may switch to Checkers gift certificates for Auto places so I can get in for cheaper. They are a hamburger joint if you don't know.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Yea, but is that not a heck of a lot diffrent than the place your currently useing?

We have NO checkers up here though. I have been out of state however!

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Yeah, Carrabba's is a sit down Italian joint. Checkers is a drive through burger joint.

Caserri was that you who voted no on the forum thing!?

Rob

Alan L. Sampson said...

Hi Robert

Five machines placed so far this week. It is only Wednesday. If you keep going at this pace you will need to order more machines soon.

Alan

Caserri Vending said...

Nope, What vote?

Josh said...

Rob, Dude Im so excited for you. You took action on the information I gave you. Really you dont have to give the location any commision money if you want. It seems like you have gotten more yes answers lately and more im not sure or maybes. I like those more than the flat out answer of no, however no does not always mean no just keep persitance.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Thanks man. I'm working on this other site right now. I'm also working on the forum.

The vote is for a new forum Caserri. I've been working on one.

My new sales site will be up soon as well. Working hard as always!

Josh, I'm not afraid to put other peoples ideas into action! Thanks for all the help.

Rob

sweet stop said...

I'm so excited I have to tell someone. I got my first 3 locs from your guy rob we'll see how it goes. That makes nine machines out so far. I always hear you guys talking about apartment buildings I never heard of it until then So I gathered a list of numbers of property management companies and the first one I called said sure bring one in and not only that he has another complex he thinks I can put one in because there is one there but its always empty. Maybe there is something to this do it yourself thing.
Rob, cant wait for the site!

Caserri Vending said...

Rob,

I'm disappointed. Why do you want to compete with my fledgling forum? You know I'd support you in any of your other endeavors however I just can't on this. I thought you were going to go after 1800vending? I was looking forward to supporting you on that and heck, at the price you quoted me earlier I think you've got a great shot at making something of it. I am even interested in your services as well. As you know, and as you pointed out to me in an email, there are multiple opportunites in this industry. I am pursuing only two, my route, from which I derive income and now my forum, which I would like to have as a tool for new vendors.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Hey Caserri,
As you know I have been considering making my own forum. It is more for the people who frequent this site so they can share their own experiences and make their own topics.

I'm not trying to directly compete with your blog. As you will soon see mine has only 3 sections. More sections will come as I get more writers to share their stories. It is a unique forum and it is not going to just be a general bulk vending forum. I hope it doesn't turn out that way anyway.

Rob

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Kyle, I have a section for you in my forum if you could grace me with your writing presence.