BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Monday, July 30, 2007

Machine Shopping

I got up early this morning and built 4 double head machines! I'm about to take a shower and get out on the town and try to place some. You will notice if you get into the candy business heavily that your car becomes a complete mess of candy bags, very fast. So, I cleaned my car out today as well and it's looking much better. Let's see what else is going on..

I've been talking to people on eBay and Craigslist about buying used machines. I really want to get some machines for $30 or under. I know they are out there. Does anyone know if there is a way to search the entire state of Florida on Craigslist instead of just certain cities?

Besides the 4 machines I built today I still have 3 triple-head machines in boxes and I have one machine that I found on location that I need to fix. I still can't get into one side because of the lock. I am seriously considering selling the 3 triple-heads on eBay this week. I paid $95 and I should at least be able to break even. They are black with chrome stands. I've just decided that I would rather spend my money on cheaper used machines!

You guys have got to check out the forum. This guy Frank aka "Sweets" is really inspirational. His story is inspirational anyway. He has like 60 used machines now that he has paid UNDER $20 EACH for! I mean, how can you beat that. He is going to be successful, I know it, and I want in!

Intriguing Numbers:

Machine: $20
Location Cost: $40
Candy Cost: $15
TOTAL COST: $75

We will use a low calculation of a machine averaging $10 per month. Also, I count candy as a fixed cost for the machine in the beginning. A candy machine must have candy in it at all times, hence I'm going to set the fixed candy cost at $15. However, when calculating the true ROI, I am going to deduct the $15 as a candy expense. See below.

Gross Income: $120
Candy Cost: 15% of 120 = $18 - $15 (initial candy for machine) = $3
NET INCOME: $120 - $3(excess candy cost) = $117

ROI (per year): $117(Net Income)/$75(Machine) = 156%.

If you know anything about return on investments or finance you will realise this number is astounding. Granted this number works off of you finding used machines at extremely discounted prices. However, these are real numbers and they are fairly conservative. What I'm saying is, the opportunity is out there.

Candyman Can!

10 comments:

Caserri Vending said...

Rob,

When you post those machines on eBay remember to list the link in the eBay section at my forum as well!

Thanks.

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

How much are you asking for them. I will buy them from you, if you give me a good price! :-)

Kyle Guth

Ryan Livergood said...

Rob,

Would it be possible to return those triple head machines for a refund? You have given the guy that sold those to you a lot of business, and if they are new machines, the least he could do is give you a refund...of course, you would have to drive them back to Miami, but still...

Guth Vending Company said...

ROB,

I WILL BUY THEM. AT A GOOD PRICE!

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

I'm sure if I drove to Miami he would probably give me a refund, but it's not worth it driving to Miami.

I can do $95 a machine plus shipping Kyle. I honestly have no idea what he sells them for on his site. If that is a good deal for you let me know and you can take them off my hands.

Rob

Oh, I found a guy with 100 triple head machines willing to sell them for $35 each to me. They are vendstar plastic ones. But $35 each isn't bad. I think I may go pick some up tomorrrow. He's about 2 hours away. I wonder how many I can fit in a Ford Escape. Any ideas on how to best fit them in?

Robert N. Patterson II said...

How nice, we have enough readers to warrant Spam. I'll let her get that plug in :p

Rob

Robert N. Patterson II said...

Coral Palms Apartment machine needs fixed. Middle compartment quarter is stuck.

If I don't make a post about this tomorrow someone remind me that it needs fixed please.

The lady called me. She also said 2 quarters were "stolen" however that happens and I told her yes I can reinverse her, haha. I'll bring out antoher machine, hopefully it's not too big of a problem.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

Do not buy Vendstar. Thay are slug prone, and very crappy machines. WARNING.

Find out how much shipping is. Get me a great deal on it please! I will give you $85 a machine.

Kyle G.

Robert N. Patterson II said...

What is slug prone? I mean we're only talking $35 a machine Kyle..

That is pretty darn cheap! Plus no shipping.

Rob

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I will say this, you will be sorry! You can not buy parts from vendstar in the 1st place. The candy doors will break, and the plastic will soon turn a nasty yellow/green. O yea, thieves love these things. And, all it takes is a regular washer to empty the machines candy! Have the time you get two handfuls for the price of one (the quarters do not exit the mech when the handle is turned, so it keeps turning!)

Kyle Guth