BEST BULK LOCATING SERVICE, CHECK IT OUT NOW!!!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Runt Rampage

Ok, I have 3 machines to place in apartment buildings today. God, I wish I had Runts to put in the machines but all I have are skittles and M&M Peanuts. SAM'S here doesn't have Runts and they cost me $7.50 from my distributor in Miami. This is ridiculous, I'm on a Runt Rampage.

MOVING TO DOUBLE HEAD MACHINES:
It just makes sense to me. I've been talking with other vendors who are much larger than myself and they all use double head machines. Why, you ask? Well here is the explanation that one big vendor gave me in my own words.

You can start out with a double head machine. You put Runts and Gumballs in there. You leave it a month and if one product is making up for 80% of your profits then switch that machine to a single head. So if only gumballs were selling, take out the double head, break it down, put one of the machines on a single stand and put it back. Now you have another machine to place somewhere else and you're still making top sales. Chances are as well that the 20% of people who bought Runts will be happy with a gumball.

Now, Let's say you start with Gumballs and Runts and both are selling like crazy! Now you can bring a rack into that location. You take the two machines on the double head and put them on the rack along with 2 more machines. Now you will be making even more money! As you see, it is the versatility that comes with the double head machines that makes all the difference! BUT I'M NOT DONE YET!

Marketing. We're in this business and paying 0$ for marketing, but we have candy! So we need to show off our candy. This is why the single and double head machines with round globes make sense. You can see the candy from all angles! Instead of only being able to see the candy from one direction like with my triple-head machines. Let's say a couple with some kids is sitting in a restaurant where you pay at the front and I have a triple-head machine. My machine is off to the side and when they go to pay the kids see it and get excited! "momma momma I want a quarter, me too, me too, gimmi!" Ok, great you say, and maybe it is. They are going to get some candy from my machine.

But, now imagine this. They are sitting at the table for nearly an hour while they are eating their dinners all the while staring at the candy in my double heads. They are smiling and talking about it with their parents. Hey have already dedicated talking their mom into getting candy and their mom agreed but only after they eat their meals. They finish their meals and run to the machines! They grab some Runts, run back and shove them in their mouths! Now, the parents are still sitting and chatting. The kids hit them up for a few more quarters. This time for Gumballs! Now they are sitting and chewing and having a blast. Then they go to pay. The bill comes to $34.50! Guess who's getting some new gumballs?!?! That's right! The machine marketed itself all through dinner and this was the outcome!

What do you guys think? I think this is a great idea. It has moved me from the triple-head to the double unless you all have ideas against it. I pay basically the same price for a double-head that I do for a triple. It seems like a crap deal at first sight, but look harder! What do you guys think?

Candyman 007
Rob

P.S. I would like to welcome all the new readers to the blog. I have been getting emails from people who read religiously but just never comment! I welcome you to comment. We all want to hear what you have to say. Start with a story, that always catches our attention. We have a veteran reading the blog who is starting his own candy business! He wants to have 100 machines to supplement his retirement. A great idea!

5 comments:

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

I used to special order from Sam's, it was a pain to plan ahead! See if GMW will ship them to you. I have to get toy cap. and bouncy balls from them, and thay ship cheap. I am dropping off my new double head today. The triple I ordered never came, so I have to call them.

I will post a picture of it to let you see what it looks like (the new double) on location. It is very sharp!

Kyle G.

PS. did you get your locks?

Guth Vending Company said...

Rob,

O yea..Runts are not great sellers. Most adults and children hate them..including myself. Stick with peanut M-M, or regular M-M. RUNTS ARE SUCKY SELLERS.

Kyle G.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Damn, I like runts. I can really see them selling in restaurants. Like the rib place I have. You know you want something a little sour after you eat ribs like Runts. I don't know, they look good to me! And they care cheap.

Rob

Unknown said...

If your outside of AZ, I can get you Runts. Costco carries them in my area. I'd have to charge you for shipping though.

Also, Dubble Bubble Rascals Fruit Candy - 10,740 ct. makes a good alternative to runts if needed, from Sam's Club.

Robert Neil Patterson II said...

Hey William,
Thanks so much for the offer. I got 20 bags of runts today from my distributor in Miami for $7.25 a bag. Not the cheapest but not too bad!

Rob